Singapore Expat Forum - Singapore Expatriates by Allo' Expat Singapore

Job for Thai Nationals in Singapore

When it comes to business matters in Singapore, discuss in this forum. Advertise for jobs issues, share advises on how to do business in Singapore and network in this forum. Please note that posting new messages and replies is reserved to members.

Moderators: stud, tmelvin88, jazjack

Job for Thai Nationals in Singapore

• Bookmark and Share

Postby atie » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:09 pm

My boyfriend is a Thai national, I'm a UK national. We're both living in Bangkok and I'm considering an offer in Singapore. This post is about my partner and his future prospects if we move to Singapore. I hope you can help.
He has no formal qualifications. He's a very hard worker and has been in the customer service industry (McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.) for three years. He's 23 years old.

Here are my questions:

Will he find it difficult to find a job with good prospects without a degree, or will it be easy for him?

Is there a large vibrant Thai ex-pat community that he could be part of in Singapore?

Will he be able to get a visa in his own right (i.e. not a dependants pass)

Thank you!
atie

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:15 am

Seems to me that it would be difficult for him to find a job in singapore. no much qualification and Thai. I think the Singapore authorities may be difficult to be convince.

Anyway, come to singapore first and I am sure you ll find a way around this.

Sponsored Links

Postby land-of-smile » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:49 pm

two friends of mine, they're working in customer services.
you can find in www.jobdb.com/sg
on the job area as customer services, hospitality
required Thai speaking.
also www.jobstreet.com.my
search location "singapore"

I'm Thai working in Malaysia.
land-of-smile

Thai's in Singapore

Postby Mojo » Mon May 02, 2005 2:09 pm

I am about to face the same problem I have accepted a Job in Singapore and my gf is of Thai nationality. She is currently working in an internet cafe prior to this she was a travel agent on Kho Phi Phi. She is reluctant to come to Singapore as she believes she will not be able to find and also Thai friends. Im am hoping she can work with thai people in a restuarant or similar.
Mojo

Re: Job for Thai Nationals in Singapore

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:49 pm

atie wrote:My boyfriend is a Thai national, I'm a UK national. We're both living in Bangkok and I'm considering an offer in Singapore. This post is about my partner and his future prospects if we move to Singapore. I hope you can help.
He has no formal qualifications. He's a very hard worker and has been in the customer service industry (McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.) for three years. He's 23 years old.

Here are my questions:

Will he find it difficult to find a job with good prospects without a degree, or will it be easy for him?

Is there a large vibrant Thai ex-pat community that he could be part of in Singapore?

Will he be able to get a visa in his own right (i.e. not a dependants pass)

Thank you!
:D

Enquiry

Postby nikk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:37 am

Hi,

You say you had two friends of yours working in customer services lines, please advise how they got it ? wanted to pursue my career in singapore. Thanks.
nikk