Singapore Expat Forum - Singapore Expatriates by Allo' Expat Singapore

How can a Singapore PR marry a Malaysian citizen

Post your questions and advices related to immigration issues in Singapore. Information is given about work permits, etc. in this forum. Please note that posting new messages and replies is reserved to members.

Moderators: stud, tmelvin88, jazjack

How can a Singapore PR marry a Malaysian citizen

• Bookmark and Share

Postby lion » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:03 pm

Dear friends,

I am planning to marry a Malaysian citizen (girl), She is working in Singapore with EP. I am an Indian citizen working in Singapore and I am Singapore PR. I have no idea about the legal matters and other procedures to marry a Malaysian citizen in Singapore & Malaysia.

Do I have to marry in Malaysia or Singapore or India? After marry both we will be in Singapore only.

Can any one explain me the complete legal details?

Thanks in advance.
lion

Postby lion » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:07 pm

Forgot to tell you friends, both we are Hindu.
lion

Sponsored Links

Postby jennyenc » Mon May 08, 2006 12:20 pm

Very easy, just get ROM in Singapore and your wife to reg the marriage later back in Malaysia.

You need to register yourself for the ROM about 1 month before the actual signing date thru www.rom.gov.sg check out this website

I'm not sure about the procedure in India, I believe u may need to reg again in India.

But for reg your marriage in Malaysia, you need to go JPN personally, make an appointment and get a form from the officer. Later you need to make arrangement to attend Malaysia Court for 'Surat Akaun' then back to JPN for the registration on the appointed day. If not mistaken, only Tuesday and Friday available for the reg. services. If you reg your marriage more than 6 months from the date of ROM in Singapore, RM100 penalty for 1st year, RM50 penalty for subsequent year.

Hope my info help..
jennyenc