Serbia Expat Forum - Serbia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Serbia

Moving to Belgrade - visas

Dedicated discussion forum for the Belgrade Newcomers community. Make this forum the ultimate in & out Belgrade Newbie guide.

Moving to Belgrade - visas

• Bookmark and Share

Postby Natjo211 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:33 pm

I'm moving to belgrade in early october to start a year-long voluntary placement. Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get a visa from the UK? I haven't ever had to apply for one before so i'm unsure how long these things take to process - and i'd like to to get it all sorted by the time i'm due to leave!

Also this a technical question (but just on the off chance that anyone knows), are there different visa types for voluntary & paid work?

Thanks!
Natjo211

Postby siostra » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:00 am

Regarding visa - best is to rely on the organisation you are to work for, they should provide you with the necesary paperwork that you are expected to submit.
I am not sure 100% but I would guess that you do not require visa (you are British), but just stay permit - and this is something you apply for when you're already in Serbia.

I found lots of valuable information on the website (since I cant link it - please search in google for Belgrade Foreign Visitors Club).

Good luck with your assignment.
siostra

Sponsored Links