I am writing to announce the opening of enrolments for our 2010 International Romanian Summer Programmes at Bridge Language Study House, that are offered in collaboration with Transilvanian Educational Services and Translation.
Our Romanian language programmes offer a unique opportunity to study in a professional, flexible and pleasant atmosphere with native speaker teachers. The programmes offer a Ã¢â‚¬Ëœtotal immersion experienceÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ with activities and trips to give you a true taste of Transylvanian life and culture Ã¢â‚¬â€œ all of which can be tailored to your individual learning situation and needs. There is also a course-only option for those learners with less time at their disposal.
All our Romanian language programmes:
Ã‚Â· offer quality, practical language tuition;
Ã‚Â· are available all year-round;
Ã‚Â· are offered in two formats;
o Vacation language programmes, delivered in modules of 15 hours;
o Intensive language programmes, delivered in modules of 25 hours.
Each module can be completed in 1 or 2 weeks, and your programme can be up to 6 modules.
- Classroom sessions are merged with practical project-work, to give you an opportunity to apply your Romanian knowledge into well-defined, real-life situations outside the classroom.
- Cultural activities are offered in the afternoons and include a guided tour of the city, visits to the Art, History and Ethnographic Museums, traditional Transylvanian arts and crafts activities at the open-air Ethnographic Museum, such as weaving, beading, pottery, glass-painting, wood-painting and egg-painting.
- Social activities are also offered several evenings a week and include a welcome party, International Night, arts and crafts exhibitions, traditional Transylvanian dance-performances, and Romanian, Hungarian and Gipsy folk-dance lessons.
- Day-Trips are organised every Saturday aimed at giving a first-hand learners to the traditional beauties and treasures of Transylvania. Popular destinations include the wooden churches of Maramures; the UNESCO Heritage citadel of Sighisoara; the unique Ursilor Ice Cave, Sibiu - 2009 European Capital of Culture, and the UNESCO Heritage castle in Hunedoara.
- Costs start from as little as 120 EUR, but vary according to the type of programme and whether you wish to study alone, with a partner or in a group. Early bird discount: 10% (offered until 31 March 2010)
I hope that you have found the details above useful. If you need any further information with regards to our Romanian language programmes, please do not hesitate to contact me on email@example.com.
Director of Studies, Bridge LSH
RSA Delta (Univ. Cambridge)