Philippines Expat Forum - Philippines Expatriates by Allo' Expat Philippines

how can my husban can have a residency here in the phil.

Post your questions and advices related to immigration issues in Philippines. Information is given about work permits, etc. in this forum. Please note that posting new messages and replies is reserved to members.

Moderators: terminationvoip, Skyking2, BluePinay

how can my husban can have a residency here in the phil.

• Bookmark and Share

Postby lyn23 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:09 pm

i would like to ask some inquiries about the visa or residency of my british citizen husband here in the philippines

you see im a filipina and just recently married to a british citizen guy.
we are planning to stay here in the philippines but got confuse with some visa laws...

hope somebody out there can help us find away to get my husband to stay here in the philippines and work...

have a nice day :)
lyn23

Postby BluePinay » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi Lyn, hope this helps you out;

NON QUOTA VISA

Spouse of a Filipino citizen (13-a) If the application is made by a Spouse of a Filipino Citizen, the following documentary requirements must be submitted:
Two copies of a duly-accomplished visa application (F.A. Form No. 3). Application forms that are incompletely filled-out will be returned to the applicant.
Valid passport (the original passport itself must be submitted) whose validity must extend at least six (6) months beyond the length of proposed stay in the Philippines.
Four (4) 2" x 2" size photograph taken within the last six (6) months. The applicant’s signature must be affixed on the front side of the picture. V Medical Certificate (F.A. Form No.11) accomplished by a local physician. All supporting documents must be submitted in triplicate (three copies). A Chest x-ray plate (life-size) must accompany the certificate, together with the results for the following tests: 1) stool (ova/parasite and occult blood); 2) urinalysis; and 3) complete blood test (blood serology and chemistry).
Local State Police clearance obtained within the last (6) months. The original and one (1) photocopy must be submitted.
Proof of financial capacity (e.g. travellers cheques, latest print out showing statement of credit card account(s), latest print-out of bank account statements, ownership of real estate properties, and other documents showing the applicant’s capacity to financially support himself/herself during his/her stay in the Philippines)
Personal appearance of the applicant for an interview by the consular officer.
Payment of Immigrant Visa Fee
A duly notarized letter from the Filipino spouse requesting or petitioning the issuance of an immigrant visa to his/her spouse. The original and a photocopy must be submitted.
Proof of Philippine citizenship of Filipino spouse (e.g. Philippine passport or Philippine birth certificate)
Marriage Certificate, both the original and a photocopy.

Unmarried Children under 21 years old of a Filipino citizen (13-a)
Same as requirements (a) to (h) above (requirements for spouses of Filipino citizens)
Birth Certificate of the child or a certified true copy thereof.
Proof of Filipino citizenship of a parent such as current Philippine passport, birth certificate or baptismal certificate, etc.
Sworn Statement of Financial Support executed by parent
Visa Fee

Natural Born citizens of the Philippines who have acquired foreign citizenship (9-g)
Same as the requirements (a) to (h) in item No. 1 (spouse of a Filipino citizen).
Proof of former Philippine citizenship such as expired Philippine passport, birth certificate or baptismal certificate, etc.
Naturalization papers
Visa Fee

:D
BluePinay

Sponsored Links

Postby Dina_andJames » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:47 am

How long is a Non-Quota VISA good for before it needs to be renewed?
Dina_andJames

Postby darlene_faith » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Dina_andJames wrote:How long is a Non-Quota VISA good for before it needs to be renewed?

how about getting resident visa for your husband since your are married
darlene_faith

Residency

Postby stevetaylor » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:35 pm

Hello,

I am a British guy, and I have been living in the Philippines with my Filipina girlfriend for two and a half years now. I work in the offshore oil and gas industry and work 28 days on the rig and have 28 days leave.

I have been entering on a tourist visa but that is only valid for 21 days so I have been either extending it or leaving early to go back to work.

My girlfriend and I just got married 2 weeks ago and I would like to apply for a spouse visa, I believe it is 13a.

My question is, am I allowed multiple re-entry to the Philippines due to the nature of my job?

I have been searching through many different forums but have not found anyone in the same situation as I am in.

Hope someone can help me.
stevetaylor

Re: Residency

Postby muffins2000 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:44 am

stevetaylor wrote:Hello,

I am a British guy, and I have been living in the Philippines with my Filipina girlfriend for two and a half years now. I work in the offshore oil and gas industry and work 28 days on the rig and have 28 days leave.

I have been entering on a tourist visa but that is only valid for 21 days so I have been either extending it or leaving early to go back to work.

My girlfriend and I just got married 2 weeks ago and I would like to apply for a spouse visa, I believe it is 13a.

My question is, am I allowed multiple re-entry to the Philippines due to the nature of my job?

I have been searching through many different forums but have not found anyone in the same situation as I am in.

Hope someone can help me.
Yes. A Conditional Resident Visa allows you to reenter anytime, like any PR/CR visa in the world. Or course you must pay airport fees, travel tax, and your ECC with your RP.
muffins2000

Postby norman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:31 pm

A 13a Visa has no expiration, although you must pay a php310 "report fee" the first month of each years.

Every time you leave the country, you must pay php2500 or so at the special immigration cashier before you go to the side immigration counter that says; "I-CARD"/Diplomat.
norman

Nationality: Israel (il)

Re: how can my husban can have a residency here in the phil.

Postby norman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:33 pm

lyn23 wrote:i would like to ask some inquiries about the visa or residency of my british citizen husband here in the philippines

you see im a filipina and just recently married to a british citizen guy.
we are planning to stay here in the philippines but got confuse with some visa laws...

hope somebody out there can help us find away to get my husband to stay here in the philippines and work...

have a nice day :)

Getting your husband "guy" a Permanent Resident I-Card in the Phils is possible, but is kinda a headache if you go through the traditional government channels. If you have patience, then go the standard route. If you want it fast, be prepared to pay up to $3000 USD for an immigration attorney to rush it for you....within 3 weeks with no lineups and no hassles.
norman

Nationality: Israel (il)