Philippines Expat Forum - Philippines Expatriates by Allo' Expat Philippines

Best Areas of Cebu to live

Dedicated discussion forum for the Cebu community. Cebu addicts, expatriates or Filipinos, are most welcome to post in this Message Boards. We welcome your experiences, tips, top spots... Make this forum the ultimate in & out Cebu City guide.

Moderators: terminationvoip, Skyking2, BluePinay

Best Areas of Cebu to live

• Bookmark and Share

Postby hanmi74 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:07 pm

There doesn't seem to be too much activity on this page, but I thought I'd give it a try and hope that someone in Cebu can give me some advice.

I'm considering a transfer to Cebu this year. I'm married with a 3 year old daughter. I'd live some recommendations on areas of Cebu to live. Hopefully, close to good schools and in a safe neighborhood. I'll be working in Cebu city, but I don't mind commuting.

Thanks
hanmi74

Re: Best Areas of Cebu to live

Postby Madjack » Sat May 23, 2009 1:01 pm

hanmi74 wrote:There doesn't seem to be too much activity on this page, but I thought I'd give it a try and hope that someone in Cebu can give me some advice.

I'm considering a transfer to Cebu this year. I'm married with a 3 year old daughter. I'd live some recommendations on areas of Cebu to live. Hopefully, close to good schools and in a safe neighborhood. I'll be working in Cebu city, but I don't mind commuting.

Thanks

Just found the board so excuse the late reply. I live in Cebu, have for over three years. I have a house near Talisay, south of the city. That is probably the best place to be, you can access it from the SRP a rather improved freeway.

In the future, a super mega mall is planned on some vacant marsh land so you wouldn't have to commute in to Ayala and SM for shopping. But it is years down the road. In the mean time, there are lots of expats and foreigners living in the area, plenty of decent schools nearby for the kids. You could rent a house easily, You will probably need a car, no problem.

I would avoid living in Cebu proper, main reason is there are water shortages all the time, I lived in Lahug and Pardo briefly, got tired of the shortages and found my own house with a deep well.

Madjack
Madjack

Sponsored Links

Postby moveincebu » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:21 am

Most of the expats found living on the southern part of cebu to be the most liveable areas, but if you are working in Cebu, talisay and minglanilla area are the best options for you. Travelling to this area is a lot easy with the SRP.
moveincebu

Postby cccullen » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:16 am

That would all depend upon your budget for a house. I live In North Town homes Subd. in Talamban and I love it there. Very near the city and just a few minutes away from anything. It is however quite expensive...
cccullen

Postby dnaimagery » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:47 am

I thought Banilad was pretty nice area too.
dnaimagery

Camotes Island

Postby QCMD » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi,

I would recommend Camotes Island. Is safe, clean and has nice new developments and great beaches.

Let me know if I can help.

John Davenport
QCMD

cebu

Postby quicklook » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi John, how far is that from Cebu Airport? Is there much there for families? Expats?
Ray
quicklook

Camotes Island

Postby QCMD » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Camotes Island is 2 hours by boat/ferry from Cebu. The ride from the port to the airport is 20 minutes.

There are about 100 expats living on the island. The main attractions are the white sand beaches and friendly environment. Your kids can walk to the store with no problems.

There really is no crime and it is clean, no smog, no traffic jams etc.

I get my trash picked up 2 times a week.

It really depends on what you want. If you want a laid back lifestyle then Camotes is best. If you want all the modern attractions like Mcdonalds and malls you have only a short boat ride.

They have live music each weekend (Carlitos Pizza in San Fran, Poro Port market and Santiago beach).

The other big advantage is the island is growing and progressive so new developments are coming with new housing oceanfront at a great price.

Let me know what else you want to know. I live on Camotes.

John D
QCMD

Postby Sam_K » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:15 am

@QCMD

Last time I was in Camotes was last year.
True, there have been a lot of developments on the island.

do you still live there?
Do you happen to know of any lots for sale?
Sam_K

Nationality: Philippines (ph)

Postby QCMD » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:11 am

Sam,

I have a house there in Poro but its a second home now. There are lots for sale. I would go ask Paul who has a new restaurant, Camotes Island Bar & Grill, he is opening in San Fran.

John
QCMD

Next