France Expat Forum - France Expatriates by Allo' Expat France

applying for PR in france..

Feel like talking about your immigration Experiences? Post your questions and advices related to immigration issues in France.

Moderator: Zephyr April

applying for PR in france..

• Bookmark and Share

Postby farhan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:43 am

Hi all, can anyone help me out with the info of how do i applying for PR in france..? another thing, is that true from what i've been heard from my friend which is at least 5 years to have the PR title..? your co-operative is highly appreciate, many thanks..
farhan

Postby stingray2000 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:06 pm

I'm also interested in this topic. If anybody have any info about this, please let us know...
stingray2000

Sponsored Links

Postby natasha_yin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:01 pm

Pr in France known as carte de résident and one allowed to apply it after some period(based on condition) holding carte de sejour in France. If you're married to a French, you can apply it after 3 years holding the cds else, under different circumstances some have to wait for 5 years. It best refer to Prefecture for precise info on your case.
natasha_yin

Postby stingray2000 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi Natasha_yin, I'm a malaysian working in France. I just wonder that are you now in France?
stingray2000

Postby natasha_yin » Sun May 27, 2007 12:06 pm

hi stingray,

Yes, I'm a Malaysian staying in France.
natasha_yin

Postby Zephyr April » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:48 pm

HI stingray and natasha,

Glad to see some Malaysians are posting here! Which part of France are you people staying?

Do you attend any events organised by MAF? :D :D
Zephyr April

Postby stingray2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi Zephyr,

Last time I'm staying in Antibes, south of france. But recently, i have move back to UK. I would love to attend those event but unfortunately everytime I try, there will be something happen....
stingray2000

Postby Zephyr April » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:35 pm

stingray2000 wrote:Hi Zephyr,

Last time I'm staying in Antibes, south of france. But recently, i have move back to UK. I would love to attend those event but unfortunately everytime I try, there will be something happen....

HI Stingray,

I hope that you are enjoying your stay in UK. Did you check if there is any Malaysian association in UK? I also seldom go to MAF gatherings, reasons similar to yours :P
Zephyr April

Postby tbeeean » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Zephyr,

Hey just come by to say hi. I have joined this forum I don't know when but I'm not active. I know you all here haha.
tbeeean

Postby eleraine » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:38 am

Nice to see some M'sians in France. I was supposed to join HB next year after our wedding banquet but he got a job in Switzerland so moving there instead.

But apparently, he told me that once married, it should be quite easy to get (just the waiting period is a hassle) - submit the right papers with the perfecture and wait.
eleraine

Postby Zephyr April » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:59 am

eleraine wrote:Nice to see some M'sians in France. I was supposed to join HB next year after our wedding banquet but he got a job in Switzerland so moving there instead.

But apparently, he told me that once married, it should be quite easy to get (just the waiting period is a hassle) - submit the right papers with the perfecture and wait.

For the time being things are still easy... but not sure what is going to happen few yrs down the line. Let's hope it remains the same.
Zephyr April

Postby remib73 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:48 am

I think it will get more complicated in the future!
remib73