Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Where to get single status certificate in UK

Malaysian Immigration related issues and discussion. Information about work permits, employment pass, training pass, spouse program, etc.

Moderators: Skyking2, Shardy, Rogier, Zarrar, Immigration Consultant

Where to get single status certificate in UK

• Bookmark and Share

Postby cas1e » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:33 pm

Hi guys, great informative website.

I am a uk guy hoping to marry a non malay malasian girl in Malaysia. But I have a few questions.

First where do I get the single status certificate from in the UK.

Secondly When we get married is my daughter (aged 6) from a previous relationship allowed to come and stay with us in Malaysia, will she only be allowed for 3 or 5 months?

Hope someone can help. Look forward to meeting some of you soon, next year if all goes according to plan. :D
cas1e

Postby vince-1 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:26 am

Try the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages. You might require additional documents since you've been married before. Call up the Malaysian HC in London.

As for you daughter, well..... you can give it a try. Remember, as a foreigner you DON'T have rights in Malaysia like how foreigners have certain rights in Western Countries. Here, you have certain privileges that are granted/determined on a case by case basis.
vince-1

Sponsored Links

Postby cas1e » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:30 am

Thanks for your reply vince-1.
I have not been married before, but will call the Malaysian HC to see what they say.
Thanks again for your help :D
cas1e