Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Touch and Go discount card for Penang Bridge

Dedicated discussion forum for the Penang community.
Make this forum the ultimate in & out Penang guide.

Moderators: Skyking2, Rogier, amienleo

Touch and Go discount card for Penang Bridge

• Bookmark and Share

Postby isurfer3 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi everyone,
We just arrived 2 months ago in Penang. I'm working in Kulim and I have to travel everyday. To my disappointment, I found out that Penang Bridge Sdn Bhd have stop selling the discount cards since Apr 09!
I wonder if anyone who don't need the T&G card or have a spare card which you don't mind selling it to me. Much appreciated! thank you.
isurfer3

Postby ifse » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:39 pm

I am not sure why they stopped selling TnG cards there, but they are certainly not discontinued. Here is a list of places in Penang that sell them:

http://www.touchngo.com.my/TNG_purchase ... ouchGoCard
ifse

Sponsored Links

Postby ifse » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:47 pm

I should add that the TnG card doesn't give you a discount on the bridge or highway toll. In fact there is typically a RM0.50 fee for reloading the card. It's mainly for convenience and speed through the toll booth, and not for discount.
ifse

Re: Touch and Go discount card for Penang Bridge

Postby basiclevel » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:27 am

isurfer3 wrote:Hi everyone,
We just arrived 2 months ago in Penang. I'm working in Kulim and I have to travel everyday. To my disappointment, I found out that Penang Bridge Sdn Bhd have stop selling the discount cards since Apr 09!
I wonder if anyone who don't need the T&G card or have a spare card which you don't mind selling it to me. Much appreciated! thank you.

I believe that you still can buy touch and go card, just that you won't be able to enjoy the discount at penang bridge toll (normal price RM7.00, discounted price is RM5.60).

I saw a news in newspaper few days ago where some people are selling their old touch and go card (can enjoy discounted price at penang bridge) at high price. It also mention that penang state government will negotiate with touch and go company to resolve this issue, may be the discounted card will be available again in near future.
basiclevel