Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Skilled Malaysian to return to Malaysia Incentives

Malaysian Immigration related issues and discussion. Information about work permits, employment pass, training pass, spouse program, etc.

Moderators: Skyking2, Shardy, Rogier, Zarrar, Immigration Consultant

Skilled Malaysian to return to Malaysia Incentives

• Bookmark and Share

Postby kb1811 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:41 pm

Hi,

This programme was implemented in 2001 to lure skilled Malaysia to come back home.

Detailed information can be found here.
http://www.mohr.gov.my/mygoveg/bi/gpintro.htm

According to a recent article, only 200+ applicants are successful.
http://www.mohr.gov.my/mygoveg/extras/issuebi.htm#a21

Are they anyone here who has successfully received their incentives particularly on the tax/duty free importation of 2 cars and getting their spouse's PR within 6 months?

Your valuable experiences are err.... highly valued.
kb1811

Re: Skilled Malaysian to return to Malaysia Incentives

Postby Nemo. » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:56 pm

kb1811 wrote:Hi,

This programme was implemented in 2001 to lure skilled Malaysia to come back home.

Detailed information can be found here.
http://www.mohr.gov.my/mygoveg/bi/gpintro.htm

According to a recent article, only 200+ applicants are successful.
http://www.mohr.gov.my/mygoveg/extras/issuebi.htm#a21

Are they anyone here who has successfully received their incentives particularly on the tax/duty free importation of 2 cars and getting their spouse's PR within 6 months?

Your valuable experiences are err.... highly valued.

tried and failed......

to have sufficient experience you will have 5 teenage kids and wont want to move......my ex is a leading biotechnology expert as well (ie biovalley!!!) but no jobs here in reality

to understand why see the dead horse post elsewhere,,,,,
Nemo.

Sponsored Links

Postby kb1811 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:28 am

Hi Richard,

According to the article on the 2nd link from my first post, they mentioned that they have relaxed the conditions. Maybe you should give it another try.

I will applied and got my application approved but have not return to Malaysia to receive any of the incentives yet. And i do not have 5 teenages kids!! :lol: I have about masters in engineering with about 7 years work experience.

With regards to whether the niche job is available or not... It does specify that you have to work for 5 years in M'sia after receiving the incentive but
no mention on what field of expertise you must to be working on. :wink:

As usual, made countless phone calls have provided me with contradicting information.
kb1811

Postby Nemo. » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:56 pm

kb1811 wrote:Hi Richard,

According to the article on the 2nd link from my first post, they mentioned that they have relaxed the conditions. Maybe you should give it another try.

I will applied and got my application approved but have not return to Malaysia to receive any of the incentives yet. And i do not have 5 teenages kids!! :lol: I have about masters in engineering with about 7 years work experience.

With regards to whether the niche job is available or not... It does specify that you have to work for 5 years in M'sia after receiving the incentive but
no mention on what field of expertise you must to be working on. :wink:

As usual, made countless phone calls have provided me with contradicting information.

well the contradicting phone calls is as it is always! you can apply when abroad. anyway its an ex

anyhow also you are Malaysian? you must know how it works. this programme is not for ordinary highly qualified people...........
Nemo.

Postby kb1811 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:39 pm

Yes. me a Malaysian, applied and approved under this programme.
I have a taiwanese wife and 2 cars awaiting to be imported to M'sia.

Hope someone will post their experiences on this programme here.

I shall share mine hopefully without much regret after a few months.
kb1811

Postby nshon » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:05 pm

I'm a Malaysian who has recently returned from Singapore and should qualify as far as field of expertise is concerned, having worked 5 years as a CRM systems consultant (involves telephone switches) and I hold a BSc in Economics and Masters in Computer Science.

The thing is I did not apply before coming back to Malaysia last year in August, I have since been running my company without registering myself as an employee so as far as the govt is concerned I have not returned to work yet. What are the chances of me getting an approval under this scheme if I apply now? I only want the approval so my spouse (a Singaporean) can get her PR. Any advice appreciated.
nshon

Postby kb1811 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:23 pm

Hi nshon,

If you have not being paying taxes and contributing epf. You may still have a chance. However, if you look at the application procedure and guidelines, you will still need to provide records of your employment history in Singapore.

No harm applying tho, the application process will take 2 months and you will have to apply from Singapore.

BTW, in spite of the general understanding that cars are very expensive in Singapore, the "body value" of a car is cheap in Singapore. Look carefully and you will see that there is a nice profit to be made.

Good luck.
kb1811

Postby nshon » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:21 pm

I have been paid directors fees and epf since years ago because I have an equity stake in some companies here! Sounds ominous. Anyway employment records are easy to come by since I was employed by a MNC for the entire duration.

I figured I'll just go ahead and apply in Singapore anyway and see how it goes. Bad thing is I've already sold my car in Singapore. Maybe I'll go buy another one now if I'm confident of getting an approval. :P
nshon

Postby kb1811 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:34 pm

Hi nshon,

There is no hurry to buy a car, since they have removed the 6 months ownership period. You can decide to buy after you know if your application is successful.

Btw, are you aware of any restrictions of car import from Singapore,
as in any particular make/model which will not be approved by JPJ?
kb1811

Good to hear you got your PR

Postby riffmeisterkl » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:36 am

Hi there

I was browsing the forum and came across your story on your succesful application to the MOHR. I actually tried that 5 years ago but the real sad part is that they implemented it after I came back to Malaysia in 1998. I was then told by MOHR that this wouldn't apply for those who already came back.

The stupidest thing is that they should encourage the skilled folks who are already here (like myself) who have foreign wives and give our wives PRs without the ridiculous wait. I have been married for 7 years and we are still waiting for our PR (eligible only last year and already applied). Standard answer from immigration from the same rude officer in Shah Alam: "still in process".

It's good to hear that you managed to get a PR for your wife. As for me I am just ready to give up the process, I am applying for PR in Australia and have decided to pack my bags. Maybe if it doesn't work out in Australia after 5 years I will try what you have done.

The ridiculous thing is that, why don't they try to stop people like me from leaving in the first place, instead of begging us to return. To be honest had I known that this was going to happen (the long PR wait), I would have never have come back from the US in 1998.

Sorry for complaining so much, but I am sure a lot of people share my frustration. However I am really happy that you managed to get it.

The real ideal situtation (which will be miracle) is if our Malaysian PR app comes in before we actually leave for Australia. that will be the ideal situation I guess. If we fail in Oz then we can come back...
riffmeisterkl

Next