Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Security Bond & Stamping, where to get it done?

Malaysian Immigration related issues and discussion. Information about work permits, employment pass, training pass, spouse program, etc.

Moderators: Skyking2, Shardy, Rogier, Zarrar, Immigration Consultant

Security Bond & Stamping, where to get it done?

• Bookmark and Share

Postby dullberries » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:52 pm

Im a malaysian chinese married to my husband of chinese nationality. Few days ago we went to Putrajaya Immigresion Department to apply for spouse visa. Of course there are a bunch of forms and declaration to made. One thing that I dont understand is about the SECURITY BOND.

My questions are:
1. I understand that he needs to pay a sum of RM1500 for the security bond. The officer shown me an example of red stamping, where can I get that done?

2. Do he needs to pay the RM1500 when we get the stamping done or wait upon the visa is approved?

3. Is the security bond refundable, say he no longer wants to apply for the spouse visa after few years time?

4. We currently use my dad as PENJAMIN in the form. As both of us are no working as result of just returning to Malaysia from UK after finishing our Master study. The officer suggested this. Will there be any problem because normally the spouse will be the PENJAMIN?
dullberries

Postby Anwar » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:21 am

Try this link; look into the Personal Bond form, download it. This works for Malaysia My Second Home program.

I do not believe that you need to deposit MR1500 for your husband's visa. You, as Malaysian Citizen, can sign the bond. Follow the instructions in the form. You will have to spend MR10 to buy a stamp from Revenue Department. That is all the expense you will have to incur.

In case there is a breach, the Malaysian Government will come after you for RM1500. That is how bond works. It is similar to insurance.

Good luck.

http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/Forms/im_forms.asp
Anwar

Sponsored Links

Postby dullberries » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:59 pm

Izit I need to get the bank draft ready with the sum of RM 1500 and then go to revenue department to get the RM10 stamp?
dullberries

Postby Anwar » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:58 am

You do not “need to get the bank draft ready with the sum of RM 1500.â€
Anwar