Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Recommendation: Best health spa in Kuala Lumpur?

Dedicated discussion forum for the Kuala Lumpur community.
Make this forum the ultimate in & out KL guide.

Moderators: Skyking2, poker, Shardy, Rogier, amienleo

Recommendation: Best health spa in Kuala Lumpur?

• Bookmark and Share

Postby banker » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:38 pm

Hello,

I've decided to get a gift certificate to a spa for my assistant at work, who is exceptionally good and has gone way beyond her job and saved me in many pinches since I've gotten here.

Can anyone recommend a top quality spa that a local Malaysian would really appreciate going to? Is there anything that is well agreed is the best? I remember seeing a thread about some sketchy places called "health spas" and I don't want to come anywhere near one of those (although she would probably still appreciate the thought and throw it away.)

The only place I could think of that probably is a real spa and not a parlor masquerading as a spa is the Marriott on Bukit Bintang. Have never been, but will go check it out tomorrow unless there are other recommendations. Really not into spas, so don't know where to start to look for this kind of a thing....

Thx!!!
banker

Postby Jack » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:53 pm

The one in Marriott is great !!
Top massage and great decor.

Otherwise you have Energy Day Spa in Great Eastern Mall or Mont' Kiara
Elected Best Spa in 2004. Very professionnal.

Osmozis is not bad too...

And a few others i heard of but did not try :)
Jack

Sponsored Links

Re: Recommendation: Best health spa in Kuala Lumpur?

Postby peacelikeariver » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:26 am

banker wrote:Hello,

I've decided to get a gift certificate to a spa for my assistant at work, who is exceptionally good and has gone way beyond her job and saved me in many pinches since I've gotten here.

Can anyone recommend a top quality spa that a local Malaysian would really appreciate going to? Is there anything that is well agreed is the best? I remember seeing a thread about some sketchy places called "health spas" and I don't want to come anywhere near one of those (although she would probably still appreciate the thought and throw it away.)

The only place I could think of that probably is a real spa and not a parlor masquerading as a spa is the Marriott on Bukit Bintang. Have never been, but will go check it out tomorrow unless there are other recommendations. Really not into spas, so don't know where to start to look for this kind of a thing....

Thx!!!

heya banker,

personally find Mandarin Oriental's spa very comprehensive...a tad pricey, but there are great packages...

you're absolutely right about staying away from the questionable spots....*nods*

peacelikeariver
peacelikeariver

Postby Nellie » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:33 pm

HSBC builkding, Jln Sultan Isamil..I think its the 11th floor.
Nellie

Postby Nemo. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:05 am

peacelikeariver wrote:

Thx!!!

heya banker,

personally find Mandarin Oriental's spa very comprehensive...a tad pricey, but there are great packages...

you're absolutely right about staying away from the questionable spots....*nods*

peacelikeariver

but the mand oriental is basically a brothel as well. all hotels spas are. best to find the independent ones that focus on women customers
Nemo.

Postby stud » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:10 am

You could offer her a small [spam word detected]! that way she could spend it the way that she pleased.
STUD 8)
stud

Postby peacelikeariver » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:11 pm

richard wrote:
peacelikeariver wrote:

Thx!!!

heya banker,

peacelikeariver

but the mand oriental is basically a brothel as well. all hotels spas are. best to find the independent ones that focus on women customers

broth--...*scratches chin*....my online observation of you, richard has taken a different dimension altogether.... :P

if she's going to stay there and she doesn't want 'additional benefits' that come with a spa -- she isn't going to receive any....I've stayed there with friends for a weekend and we've enjoyed the facilities there.

last I checked - *coughs*, they service um men.
peacelikeariver

Postby Nemo. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:40 pm

peacelikeariver wrote:
richard wrote:
peacelikeariver wrote:

Thx!!!

heya banker,

peacelikeariver

broth--...*scratches chin*....my online observation of you, richard has taken a different dimension altogether.... :P

if she's going to stay there and she doesn't want 'additional benefits' that come with a spa -- she isn't going to receive any....I've stayed there with friends for a weekend and we've enjoyed the facilities there.

but who wants to go to a place that mostly sell sex? better/cleaner/safer to go to a real spa. just imagine if a woman goes in their and sees a family friend :oops: like he might think she works there and she will think he is in their for some nookie! and what would be happening next door? etc etc
Nemo.

Postby peacelikeariver » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:37 pm

richard wrote:
peacelikeariver wrote:
richard wrote:
peacelikeariver wrote:

Thx!!!

heya banker,

peacelikeariver

but who wants to go to a place that mostly sell sex? better/cleaner/safer to go to a real spa. just imagine if a woman goes in their and sees a family friend :oops: like he might think she works there and she will think he is in their for some nookie! and what would be happening next door? etc etc

now i'm having second thoughts about even checking into a hotel....tsk tsk.... :shock:
peacelikeariver

Postby Nellie » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:45 pm

I have the distinct impression Banker wants to have his evil ways with his Assistant and wishes to do some arousing at a spar.....better just book a hotel room mate!
Nellie

Next