Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Professional Visa Pass

Malaysian Immigration related issues and discussion. Information about work permits, employment pass, training pass, spouse program, etc.

Moderators: Skyking2, Shardy, Rogier, Zarrar, Immigration Consultant

Professional Visa Pass

• Bookmark and Share

Postby emignow » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:33 am

May I know what is the application time in applying a professional visa pass?

As the immigration website stated it needs 3 working days but my friend told me that it actually needs 1 months.......Which is CORRECT?
emignow

Re: Professional Visa Pass

Postby banker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:09 pm

emignow wrote:May I know what is the application time in applying a professional visa pass?

As the immigration website stated it needs 3 working days but my friend told me that it actually needs 1 months.......Which is CORRECT?

I would suggest you multiply the two.
banker

Sponsored Links

Postby Shardy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:16 pm

Yes - and then multipy by 2 again. Don't expect to get it in less than 6 months unless your lawyers are much slicker than mine :-D
Shardy
Moderator Malaysia

Postby banker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:24 pm

Shardy wrote:Yes - and then multipy by 2 again. Don't expect to get it in less than 6 months unless your lawyers are much slicker than mine :-D

Shardy, don't try to impress us with your slick lawyers...
banker

Postby Shardy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:54 pm

LOL :-D not quite the word I'd use!

As fast as a speeding sloth :-)
Shardy
Moderator Malaysia

Postby banker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:25 pm

Too bad, Shard. I was actually impressed before you went and spoiled it.
banker

Postby emignow » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:16 am

Shardy wrote:Yes - and then multipy by 2 again. Don't expect to get it in less than 6 months unless your lawyers are much slicker than mine :-D

Really........????

But acutally it's the hotel apply for me and I will start to work there on Jan?

I am wandering if the hotel hv enough time to apply the pass for me then........
emignow

Postby expat2be » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:17 am

Hi ,

Don't listen to this two folks. All they seem to do, is just rant and seem to be interested in chatting with each other.

It might be true that it might take longer. But responding in this way, only shows their attitude to newbies asking for questions which might be dear to them.

You might want want to wait for other more helpful people.

A link which was helpful and posted by another member might be helpful to you.

http://www.mscms.com.my/whatwedo/expatriate2.asp

Hope I was abel to help you with the bit of information I have gathered from here.

Later

Expat2be

emignow wrote:

Really........????

But acutally it's the hotel apply for me and I will start to work there on Jan?

I am wandering if the hotel hv enough time to apply the pass for me then........
expat2be

Postby banker » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:14 am

expat2be wrote:Don't listen to this two folks. All they seem to do, is just rant and seem to be interested in chatting with each other.

It might be true that it might take longer. But responding in this way, only shows their attitude to newbies asking for questions which might be dear to them.

You might want want to wait for other more helpful people.

It's true, we're just chatting with each other and having fun. And it's also true I'm more interesting in doing that than thinking hard about immigration. Emignow, we don't know the answer to your question (obviously), but we are suggesting you are right to be thinking about it and we are also suggesting that you don't trust Immigration to faithfully follow some precommitted schedule that someone tells you. Whatever company/hotel you're working for could potentially accelerate things. You should be sure that you trust them to do it, and if not, that you pressure them to do it.

Expat2be, thanks for answering their question, and you're right we should have answered their question before goofing off. But chill out man, it's very unbecoming.

Other more helpful people, do you have anything to offer Emignow?

Shardy, back to where we were :lol:
banker

Postby dotP » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:44 am

emignow has gotten more advise than he could on other threads.

No worries banker. It's just some strangers come wanking around. *LoL* Hey! Hey! Control your manners...oOps....now...where's my beer again.
dotP

Next