Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

new to Mont Kiara...

Dedicated discussion forum for the Mont' Kiara community.
Make this forum the ultimate in & out MK guide.

Moderators: Skyking2, poker, Rogier

new to Mont Kiara...

• Bookmark and Share

Postby dagimar » Tue May 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi!

We've just moved to KL from Austria. We're staying at Kiaramas Ayuria in Mont Kiara. As the building has just been completed there aren't many people living here yet... so it can get a bit boring for me and my 14 month old son while my husband is at work.

I was just wondering if there's anyone out there with a kid of similar age that would like to get together sometime?

Also, does anyone know of a daycare center in Mont Kiara? All the international schools don't seem to take children under the age of 3, but I would definitely want to get him started.... something like 3 times a week for half a day.

Tks,

Dagmar
dagimar

Postby beebee » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:33 am

hi, dagimar. I'm moving to KL soon and now considering to stay in Kiaramas Ayuria too. What do you think about Kiaramas Ayuria, i heard they got a very big swimming pool. Need your advice as also considering Kiaraville near to Solaris. Thanks in advance.
beebee

Sponsored Links

Postby dagimar » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:55 pm

So far we like Ayuria very much. It is the last building on a bit elevated area in Mont Kiara, which means the view is stunning both during the day and at night. It actually has 3 pools, one being quite large and sorrounding almost the entire compound. The only back draw is that without a car it is impossible to do shopping or anything similar. Walking down to Plaza Mont Kiara is also an option although getting back up in the heat is quite tough. It is also the only building in Mont Kiara which is not directly next to a construction site, which for us was a definite plus. Kiaraville near Solaris is nice, because you are walking distance to bars, restaurants and shopping, but I don't like the location. It's way too close to a number of construction sites and I don't think that the view from there is comparable to Ayuria.

I hope this was helpful!
dagimar

Re: new to Mont Kiara...

Postby geordie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:39 pm

dagimar wrote:
Also, does anyone know of a daycare center in Mont Kiara? All the international schools don't seem to take children under the age of 3, but I would definitely want to get him started.... something like 3 times a week for half a day.

Tks,

Dagmar

Dagmar,

I realise that I am a couple of months late with the response but if you are still looking for a pre-school for your little one, there is Children's Discovery House at I-zen, Kiara 2. They are based on a Montessori system and take in kids from 1.5 to 6 years of age.

Have heard good things about them. Don't know if they have a website. Contact number is 03-6203-7001.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
geordie
Moderator Malaysia

Re: new to Mont Kiara...

Postby vlad25 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 am

Hello Dagmar,

We are actually new to Mont Kiara as well.
We are from US, staying in Almaspuri, which is very close to Mont Kiara Plaza, but we barely go there, since it's deserted most of the time.
Our son is almost 4 years old. He goes to Tadika Diyana. It's actually very close to Kiaramas Ayuria, just on the other side of the tunnel. The place is probably the best out of all Daycares in the area, and we've checked lots of them, before choosing this one.

Vlad

dagimar wrote:Hi!

We've just moved to KL from Austria. We're staying at Kiaramas Ayuria in Mont Kiara. As the building has just been completed there aren't many people living here yet... so it can get a bit boring for me and my 14 month old son while my husband is at work.

I was just wondering if there's anyone out there with a kid of similar age that would like to get together sometime?

Tks,

Dagmar
vlad25

Postby dagimar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the info. We'll be sure to check out the place you've mentioned, although from looking at their website it appears they only take kids that are 2 years and above. In any case, the other place recommended by Geordie (Children's discovery house) seems quite nice too and they do have a toddler programme, although quite a long waiting list, so I hope we get in by September when our son turns 18 months.

On another note, since you are also new to the area, PM me if you would be interested in getting together sometime. Although our son is a bit younger than yours, they might still enjoy some play time...

best,

Dagmar
dagimar

Directory Listing of Mont Kiara

Postby svens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:23 pm

Check out this website http://solaris-montkiara.com for more information of Mont Kiara
svens

Postby Tex » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:32 pm

In La Grande Kiara Condo, next to Solaris and Kiaraville there is a kindergarden open also to non residents, indeed this Condo is still also among best value for the money.....with 6500 rm p/m you can get a nice f/f 2000 sft unit, condo is 3 years old.

Kiaraville is nice too, although a bit newer which means that everyday you live in a semidesert condo and by the pool a good number of horny Indonesian workers peep you by the pool while doing reno or relocations, real estate agents with clients all day long, people taking photos.... :lol: :lol:
Kiaraville is a bit better than La Grande, much more expensive, take a look at both and decide by yourselves, in any case the kindergarden is open to La Grande Kiara residents and non.

In La Grande there are an average of 2 kids for family (all units are 2000 sft), quite an happening place.

Solaris is a wonderful place to hang out, easy to get taxis now, it is a different style of living when compared to Ayuria.
Tex
Moderator Malaysia

IBU

Postby smudgersdad » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:50 pm

suggest you join IBU if you want to meet other parents of young children.

http://www.expat.com.my/ibu%20Family%20 ... 0Group.htm

www.ibufamily.org
smudgersdad

Postby SLK » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:42 am

Hiya Dagmar,
I just saw your message in this site. Thought of just want to share with you Kindermusik is good for child development. My daughter is now 1 year old, she's started in the Kindermusik when she was 6 months old in the U.K. She is now into everything esp. the songs, books and toys from the Kindermusik.
Ps: I am not selling anything but just want to share the good news for the children out there. Pls check this out http://solaris-montkiara.com/
Have a Blessed Weekend! :)
Cheers,
Simone
SLK