Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Looking for a Nanny

Looking for a job or need to advertise for a job position? Post them here and discuss about employment issues in Malaysia.

Moderators: Skyking2, poker, Rogier

Looking for a Nanny

• Bookmark and Share

Postby ccaaab » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:05 pm

I am looking at hiring a nanny for my 3 and 2 year old boys. I want someone who is willing to play and entertain them, walk and play with them at the park nearby in our gated-community home, feed them when it´s time for feeding and read them books when it´s time for bed. Depnding on my work shift, I might not be able to do so. No cooking necessary unless otherwise.

The tasks are mainly the kids and ironing the kids clothes.

Working time has to be flexible because of my work shifts and roughly for 8 hours per day.

Live out, prefer

Age between 20 to 25 (young and energetic and must love children)

I am currently living in Madrid, Spain and will be returning home in June.

If you think you have the right attitude please send me an email with your profile and recommendations from previous employee is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time
ccaaab

nanny

Postby lo » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:05 pm

Are u looking for a maid to work in Hong Kong or to work in malaysia?
lo

Sponsored Links

Postby olive » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:25 pm

Dear ccaaabĂŻÂĽĹ’

HI.I am Olive-a malaysian. I have a feeling to inform you its not a good idea to hire young ones to do these works.May be you can find a good centre where you can locate your child there.This is not a common practice i think especially in malaysia.............
olive

Postby ccaaab » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:46 pm

Hola Lo and Olive

thanks for the reply. I am looking to hire in Malaysia only and I understand that it's not common practise in Malaysia to hire young girl to work as a nanny.

I am looking for a young girl because after having our wonderful Romanian nanny who is 22 for 2 years and like a family to me and a sister to my 2 boys, maybe just maybe my 2 boys would have a 'sister' again after our nice, wonderful Mirela!!

It's sad she cannot come with us, after all she is a family to us because she has a life here in Madrid.

I just want someone to play with my kids, take them to the park when evening comes and hang out with them during my absence (I'm a spinning instructor here in Madrid).

Yup, I will send the 3 year old to a Kinddy but I need someone to play and watch tv with the 2 year old when I am not around. Oh and take them to a park nearby in the evening.

Thinks anyone fits the criteria.

Thanks for the comments though. Have been away from Malaysia for 14 years. Home is HKG and Vancouver.

Hasta Leugo,
ccaaab

older nanny

Postby coralshan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:11 pm

Hi there

I know this might not be what you are looking for but I have an office assistant in my work place and she has been with us for 5 years now. She basically works as a general cleaner and tea lady. She is 49 years old.

She might be too old for you, but I thought she can speak cantonese and is also a grandmother herself. She might not be able to read to your kids but she can provide you a peace of mind. She can be trusted and I believe child care should not be a problem as she has grown up kids as well, of course. She also takes care of her own grandchild.

Anyway, do consider this as an option if you can't find any younger girls. I am trying to help her as she need to find better paying job.

Pls reply.
coralshan

NANNY IN MALAYSIA

Postby MrPinkinKL » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:47 am

Good day,

Still looking for ?

Where exactly in Malaysia ?

How many days a week ?

What is the salary ?

I am French expatriated in KL, Cheras exactly, I can recommend a person if you answer to my questions.

Best rgds
Guillaume
MrPinkinKL

Postby gillgk » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:15 am

I was very lucky to get a fantastic indonesian maid. She saw through 2 of my babies in a space of 5 years. My son is 5 and my daughter 3.

My maid is now looking for a change in employer. I don't blame her. We are a difficult family: 2 wild kids, a mother in law and well, over protective me. After 5 years she is looking to breathe a little and it is with a heavy heart that I have to let her go.

She is keen on coming back and I told her I would do whatever I can to find her a suitable employer in return for her loyalty and patience all these years.

She can be trusted with money, she NEVER loses patience with the kids and doesn't answer back.

She's excellent with children but can't really cook.

In my quest in finding her a good employer, I am looking for someone who would pay her well, wouldn't drive her to the ground with work and who give her the odd weekends off. She can be trusted and has held true to the above virtues in her 5 years with me.

I don't know about the mumbo jumbo with agencies, fees and immigration etc since this is a direct appointment and I leave that up to you to figure out.

My maid leaves for Indonesia in July. Contact me at gillgk1@gmail.com and tell me something about you if you're interested.
gillgk

Re: Looking for a Nanny

Postby o_ana » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:39 pm

ccaaab wrote:I am looking at hiring a nanny for my 3 and 2 year old boys. I want someone who is willing to play and entertain them, walk and play with them at the park nearby in our gated-community home, feed them when it´s time for feeding and read them books when it´s time for bed. Depnding on my work shift, I might not be able to do so. No cooking necessary unless otherwise.

The tasks are mainly the kids and ironing the kids clothes.

Working time has to be flexible because of my work shifts and roughly for 8 hours per day.

Live out, prefer

Age between 20 to 25 (young and energetic and must love children)

I am currently living in Madrid, Spain and will be returning home in June.

If you think you have the right attitude please send me an email with your profile and recommendations from previous employee is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Hi,

My name is Oana. I live in Romania and have 32 years.
I love children a lot. Also i have a nephew with i am spending
lot of time. I am interested to work in Malaysia as my future
husband is living there.

I am an economist here...Its true that has nothing to do with
nanny...but i am trying all possibilities to be with him...as there
is very hard to find a job in my field.

Thank you for your time.

Oana
o_ana