Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

how to process dependent pass

Malaysian Immigration related issues and discussion. Information about work permits, employment pass, training pass, spouse program, etc.

Moderators: Skyking2, Shardy, Rogier, Zarrar, Immigration Consultant

how to process dependent pass

• Bookmark and Share

Postby mgtudio » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me?

I have a work permit already and my daughter and husband are coming in on October and I would like to get them a dependent pass.

I already have the documents ready and my employer is approving my request but I do not know where to bring the documents. I would like to know the following:
1. where will i bring those documents?
2. how long will i need to wait before i can get their visa. (because my work location is in Johor so I think I need to file a leave to process these)

Hope someone can help me. I really miss my daughter and I want my family to be together again.

Thanks
mgtudio

Postby PumpkinSeed » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:40 pm

I'm afraid you might have to run twice, once is for submitting the documents for your applciation, another is to get the visa when it has been approved.

The usual place to go for this kind of applciation is the immigration office in Putrajaya. But why don't you contact the State Immigration Office and see if they could process it there?

There is a list of offices in Johor on the immigration website, www.imi.gov.my and find the nearest one to you.

Good luck.
PumpkinSeed

Sponsored Links

Re: how to process dependent pass

Postby Immigration Consultant » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:17 am

mgtudio wrote:Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me?

I have a work permit already and my daughter and husband are coming in on October and I would like to get them a dependent pass.

I already have the documents ready and my employer is approving my request but I do not know where to bring the documents. I would like to know the following:
1. where will i bring those documents?
2. how long will i need to wait before i can get their visa. (because my work location is in Johor so I think I need to file a leave to process these)

Hope someone can help me. I really miss my daughter and I want my family to be together again.

Thanks

My advice is why dont you submit the before they arrive here because Philippines application will sent to Wisma Putra ( Foreign Affairs ) for approval. So once you got the approval you can sent the calling visa to your family allowing them to come.

Regarsd
Immigration Consultant
Staff Member

Postby mgtudio » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:43 am

Hi,

Thanks for all our advice.

I did submit the requirements last September 24. I got the claim slip already and had my daughter send here last tuesday.

From the airport we went straight to JB Immigration (near post office) to claim the visa. But when i got my turn the immigration people told that there is another problem. I need a personal bond...

I really do not know how to do this.Cause the bond needs a malaysian (NRIC required -- to be guarantor). Wahhh, based on the site there was to personal bond for dependent pass...

Know I need to seek help from my collegues to stand as my guarantor... This is the point were i keep on wishing that I got a better employer who would do all this on my behalf.

Hope I can get the bond thing finished by next week.

Thanks all.
mgtudio

Postby Ahnissi » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:49 am

Hi,

Gongratulations on reuniting with the family! :)
Normally, your employer should assist you with dependant passes, including bond payment.
The bond for my husband's pass was paid by our HR manager. If your colleagues are reluctant to arrange the bond for you, you may offer to pay it yourself, and ask them just to sign the paper.
Ahnissi

Postby Patrice » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:02 pm

As for your daughter, it might be easier and simpler to get her student pass. Depending on the school you will put her (especially if it is a private school), they can fully take care of it for you, against a fee.

Ahni, I never ever had to pay a bond payment for my wife... Is it only the case for husbands?
Patrice

Postby Ahnissi » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Patrice wrote:Ahni, I never ever had to pay a bond payment for my wife... Is it only the case for husbands?

I guess so. Actually, for the husbands they issue not dependant pass, but a multi-entry social visit pass. Procedure, however, is the same as for dependant pass.
Ahnissi

Postby mgtudio » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:37 pm

Ahnissi wrote:Hi,

Gongratulations on reuniting with the family! :)
Normally, your employer should assist you with dependant passes, including bond payment.
The bond for my husband's pass was paid by our HR manager. If your colleagues are reluctant to arrange the bond for you, you may offer to pay it yourself, and ask them just to sign the paper.

Hi,

Do you have an idea how much is the bond? My officemate will help me furnish the bind but i do not have any idea on how much and how does this personal bond processing does? I mean where do u pay, get the documents stamped etc, etc, etc...

Thanks
mgtudio

Postby mgtudio » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:42 pm

and another thing... about my employer...

i asked them to help me get a visa for my husband... the multi-entry visa but they refused to sign the form for my husband :(

i really envy you guys who have a better employer...

this makes me want to move to singapore...
mgtudio

Postby mgtudio » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:46 pm

Ahnissi wrote:
Patrice wrote:Ahni, I never ever had to pay a bond payment for my wife... Is it only the case for husbands?

I guess so. Actually, for the husbands they issue not dependant pass, but a multi-entry social visit pass. Procedure, however, is the same as for dependant pass.

hi patrice,

My daughter is just 1 year and 6 months... so no school for her yet. Just child care.

But on another note. Do child care require student visa? Cause she will be under child care.

Thanks
Marmi
mgtudio

Next