Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Carpool to Singapore

Dedicated discussion forum for the Johor Bahru community.
Make this forum the ultimate in & out JB guide.

Moderators: Skyking2, Rogier, Zarrar

Carpool to Singapore

• Bookmark and Share

Postby Flowerpoddess » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:03 am

Hello,

I'd like to know if Skudai is a good place for someone to live whose unable to drive? Are there carpool services from Skudai or do most people have their own transport?

How long does it take from Skudai to West and Central part of Singapore?

Can someone enlighten me?

Thank you in advance.
Flowerpoddess

Postby imtrobin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:07 am

I don't think it's that bad area. A lot of new development there. Skudai road tends to jam quite badly in rush hours though.

If you don't drive and want to get to Singapore easier, I recommend somewhere closer, possibly Larkin. There are a lot of new condos for rental, with direct buses to the new CIQ.

Going to central Singapore will take you 2 hrs using the Express bus on average (from Larkin + plus waiting time etc). West would be shorter if you go by MRT the other way.

I would recommend getting your own transport, you can park near the CIQ and use buses/MRT to Singapore. That's what I do.
imtrobin

Sponsored Links

Postby Flowerpoddess » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 pm

When you say to the new CIQ, you mean Tuas checkpoint? Is it safe staying close to Larkin? What are the names of condos in Larkin?

I can't drive yet lol, so I have to depend on public transport, carpools or taxi. How much would it cost daily to the CIQ by cab?

Are you a Singaporean or Malaysian? I ask this because you have left your vehicle at the CIQ, and most Singaporeans with Malaysian registered car do that, so was just wondering.

Is it safe to park at the CIQ, my mom wanted to know, because she's been hearing a lot of car thefts and damaging of cars.

On average using your own transport + MRT, how long does it take to reach Jurong East MRT and City MRT?

Thank you!
Flowerpoddess

Postby imtrobin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:55 pm

CIQ is the one at causeway. Sorry, I don't remember the names of the condos but it's quite obvious as it is opposite Courts.

I'm Malaysian/Singapore PR so I commute often there. You can park at Persada which has security.

To cityhall, just the yellow express bus CW2, which stops at bugis. Around 1.5 hours. Jurony MRT is around same time by MRT. It depends on where you start in JB though.

I found this which might be helpful

http://www.carpoolworld.com/carpool_.ht ... 03.8499619
imtrobin

Postby weiyeelee » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:30 pm

imtrobin wrote:I don't think it's that bad area. A lot of new development there. Skudai road tends to jam quite badly in rush hours though.

If you don't drive and want to get to Singapore easier, I recommend somewhere closer, possibly Larkin. There are a lot of new condos for rental, with direct buses to the new CIQ.

Going to central Singapore will take you 2 hrs using the Express bus on average (from Larkin + plus waiting time etc). West would be shorter if you go by MRT the other way.

I would recommend getting your own transport, you can park near the CIQ and use buses/MRT to Singapore. That's what I do.

U need carpool?
contact me at 92990822
weiyeelee