Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Car service/repairer in/near Mont Kiara?

Discuss about the Malaysian News, Expatriates concerns & interests. International issues and other serious subjects can also be discussed here.

Moderators: Skyking2, fizzysoup, poker, Shardy, Rogier, JazzMatt

Car service/repairer in/near Mont Kiara?

• Bookmark and Share

Postby DaveB » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Can anyone recommend a reliable car service/repair workshop in Mont Kiara or Sri Hartamas? I've found a crash repair place who was good, but can't find a decent place to get my 1996 car serviced & minor things like aircon repair, etc. Anyone recommend any place that is used to dealing with fussy expats?
DaveB

Postby mojotudam » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:10 am

what car is it? some mechs are good with certain makes n otherwise
mojotudam

Sponsored Links

Postby DaveB » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:50 am

1996 Volvo. I don't want to have to go all the way to Federal Auto and my previous mechanic of many years is in Ampang which is also too far. Am hoping to get somewhere that is close enough for me to drop my car off each time and take the bicycle out of the boot and ride home.
DaveB

Postby anna313 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:48 am

Hi DaveB,

You can check out the workshop at Sri Hartamas. Just before Petronas gas station. They provide repairing serving for tyres, air-cond and many more...

-Anna-
anna313

Postby DaveB » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:22 am

Thanks Anna - actually that is the one I found. I got my tyres replaced at the tyre shop next door but go the aircon fixed at this place (Drivein motor sports).

They are ok I guess - I asked for 2 minor jobs to be done but they weren't. The aircon was fixed though and they did the service without problem. Due to lack of other apparent choice they will probably be my new permanent workshop.
DaveB

Postby anna313 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:34 pm

There's actually a lot of workshops at Segambut area (Segambut Tengah) which is not far at all from Mont Kiara. But i assumed u are aware that the road to go there is super messy :( so that shop in Sri Hartamas has became my 1st choice too for my own convenient. Nothing really great. but as long as they can do decent job, its good enough...
anna313

Postby Rogier » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:02 am

Don't bring your car to local workshops, these guys have no clue what they are doing, I have been there, done that, and spent on the end more money on it then I was planning too.

although a Volvo dealer is pretty expensive, you don't have to argue when they mess something up, and these guys work with your car model every week and know what they are doing. Also these mechanics are trained by Volvo to maintain Volvo cars, the local workshops getting training on the job, would be a shame if your car will be part of the training.......
Rogier
Moderator Malaysia

Nationality: Netherlands (nl)