Malaysia Expat Forum - Malaysia Expatriates by Allo' Expat Malaysia

Any Second hand furniture shops in KL ?

Share advises about the Expat lodging areas and advertise for your room to let. To avoid abusive use of this section, we do not allow advertisements for properties for sale/rent.

Moderators: Skyking2, fizzysoup, Rogier, JazzMatt, Zarrar

Any Second hand furniture shops in KL ?

• Bookmark and Share

Postby Nomads » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi

Wanted to know if there are any second hand furniture shops in KL, need a dining table and a sofa for 2 months till my stuff gets ready.

anything that is going really cheap so that after 2 months do not feel guilty when I have to get rid ( throw) the stuff.

If you know anybody who is leaving and selling please let me know I need it around 9th May. Can pick up earlier too

Have been to the market place on this but nothing there :(

Thanks

Nomads
Nomads

Postby ruk » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:14 pm

Nomad

Did you try to look at the market place on this site itself? There are a couple of dining table and sofas there due to expats leaving the country.
Here

Or alternatively, you can choose to browse through a local auction site:

Dining table set for RM250
Some second hand sofas too being sold. Browse here

But cash and carry though.
ruk

Sponsored Links

Postby geordie » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Alternatively, there is this place in Taman Tun Dr Ismail which is called "Selangor Junk Yard". Don't have the number anymore but try calling telephone directory 103. Years ago, we bought a real solid study table from them and a couple of open shelves.

Another alternative, also in TTDI, is "Second Charm". I believe they advertise frequently in the classified section of the Star. But mostly retro pieces. Stumbled upon the shop by accident and now awaiting the opportunity / transportation to lug over an antique nyonya chair for them to refurbish. Would have bought some nice pieces from them but then we're now suffering from lack of space due to previous buying sprees. :oops:

Ikea - has a notice board tucked away somewhere with listings of pre-loved furniture. Am not a big fan of Ikea myself, ah well .....

anything that is going really cheap so that after 2 months do not feel guilty when I have to get rid ( throw) the stuff.

If I were you, (as long as the items are in good, clean condition with many years left in them), I would call up an orphanage or old folks' home and offer it to them. More often than not, they will be able to arrange to do collection.
geordie
Moderator Malaysia

Thanks

Postby Nomads » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Geordie and Ruk

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the input.

Thanks for the tip about the places in TTDI and Ruk thanks for the input about the local "ebay", stuff decent stuff there, but worried if its a genuine site.

I never realised that the one we can give the stuff to orphanages, esp as one doesnt see any charity shops around here where one can go and donate.

Will look in all these areas

Nomads
Nomads