Dubai Expat Forum - Dubai Expatriates by Allo' Expat Dubai

DUBAI SCUBA DIVING : Scuba Diving in Dubai & UAE Guide

Share your experiences on tourism issues throughout Dubai. Discuss in this forum about the right places where to relax or go for holidays.

Moderators: stud, kembangapi

• Bookmark and Share

Postby Dubai Scuba diving » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:22 am

Divers Information

Water temperature:
The water temperature averages 25°C (77°F). During July the water temperature is 34°C (93°F)

Suit:
3mm wetsuit, skin or swimming costume

Visibility:
Dubai - Poor, 3 metres (10 feet) - 10 metres (30 feet) due to dredging works.
Al Fujayrah - 5 metres (15 feet) - 20 metres (65 feet)

Type of diving:
Wreck dives in Dubai, reefs in Al Fujayrah

Marine life:
Turtles, eels, octopus, batfish, snapper, jacks, parrotfish, soft corals occasional rays, hammerhead and reef sharks. In Al Fujayrah you may also find barracuda, tuna, squid, seahorses, lionfish and clownfish as well as seeing hard coral and, if you are very lucky, whale and reef sharks

Two Main Dive Sites

Dubai

The many new developments should not affect your stay, as the hotels are fairly well protected from the noise and disruption; however the coastal developments have effected the diving from the west coast of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), mainly due to a reduced visibility at most of the dive sites.

As a qualified diver I would recommend a days diving as a good way to see the coast and look back at Dubai, and to experience one or two reasonable wrecks. I would not really recommend Dubai purely for a diving trip or for qualifying when compared to the Red Sea and Oman which have lots more to offer. I was diving in Dubai with Pavillion Divers, based at the Jumeirah Beach hotel, who I can thoroughly recommend.

Al Fujayrah

Located on the eastern coast of the United Arab Emirates, Fujayrah is wedged between the two coasts of Oman. It is a relatively undeveloped town, although more hotels are being built and I'm sure it will become more built-up in due course.

We did a two-dive day trip from Dubai. The start was a fairly early 5.30am, returning to Dubai at approximately 17.30. This trip included the two separate boat dives and transport to the east coast. The reefs located on this coast seem to be fairly shallow dives, although the amount of marine life is excellent. I would really recommend a day trip to the east coast, either to Oman (Musandam) or Fujayrah. A day trip makes for a long day, so if you have time to do a two-day trip it is well worth it. It is best to check before your holiday which day you wish to do this trip as various dive centres only do the trips once a week or so.

Main Scuba Diving Club

Al Boom Diving
Tel +971 4 342 2993
Taxi Directions Opposite the Iranian Hospital, Al Wasl Road
Open 10am-8pm Sat-Thur
Price Dhs1,700 PADI Open water course; Dhs1,000 Advanced open water course
www.alboommarine.com
Most comprehensive Dive shop in the city, good for both casual visitors and more experienced divers. Dive trips can be arranged; they Rent equipment and handles maintenance and servicing.

Pavilion Dive Centre
Tel +971 4 406 8827
Taxi Directions Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Beach Road, Jumeirah
Open 9am-6pm daily
Price Dhs320 Discover scuba course; Dhs1,750 Open water course
www.jumeirahinternational.com
Offers a range of dive courses, from beginner through to instructor development (twice a year, usually in May and October).

Scubatec
Tel +971 4 334 8988
Taxi Directions Sana Building, Trade Centre Road, Karama
Open 9am-1.30pm & 4-8.30pm Sat-Thur
Price Contact for more details
scubatec@emirates.net.ae
Scubatec’s qualified instructors are licensed by the PADI and TDI (Technical Diving Instructor) organisations and provide a full range of courses.

Info by : Divesitedirectory.co.uk
Dubai Scuba diving

Postby a_a187 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:58 pm

thanks
a_a187

Sponsored Links

Postby johnmartin348 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Thanks for advice on Scuba diving in Dubai. I love scuba diving so much and I would love to do this.
johnmartin348

Re: DUBAI SCUBA DIVING : Scuba Diving in Dubai & UAE Guide

Postby astamblive » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:36 am

Hi,

Scuba diving is amazing...thnx for the information...:)

Bye
astamblive

Nationality: India (in)

Re: DUBAI SCUBA DIVING : Scuba Diving in Dubai & UAE Guide

Postby sheza » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:30 pm

it is the form of diving that is devoted to having fun.
sheza

Nationality: United Arab Emirates (ae)