Brunei Expat Forum - Brunei Expatriates by Allo' Expat Brunei

VISA TO BRUNEI / BRUNEI IMMIGRATION GUIDE (Working, Tourism)

Post your questions and advices related to immigration issues in Brunei. Information is given about work permits, etc. in this forum. Please note that posting new messages and replies is reserved to members.

Moderator: Vixey

VISA TO BRUNEI / BRUNEI IMMIGRATION GUIDE (Working, Tourism)

• Bookmark and Share

Postby Brunei immigration » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:02 am

VISA TO BRUNEI / BRUNEI IMMIGRATION GUIDE

Visiting Brunei

If you are planning a visit to Brunei, you may need to apply for a valid Brunei visa. To enter the country he/she should enter through legal point of entry. We look forward to welcoming you to Brunei Darussalam, Abode of Peace.

What is a Visit Visa?

Visa is permission, not a pass, to enter Brunei Darussalam endorsed in the passport or travel document of a foreign national approved by the Director of Immigration and National Registration or other authorised officers.

Types of Visit Visa

- Professional/ Business Visit Visa
- Short/ Social Visit Visa
- Validity

Length of validity of visa is 3 months maximum
Processing

1-3 working days
Fees of the Visa Application

Single Entry - B$15.00
Multiple Entry - B$20.00
Prerequisite Entry Requirement

A person should have a valid passport/travel document recognised by the Brunei Director of Immigration and National Registration.
The passport must have a validity of 6 months before entering the country.
The following countries stated below are exempted from the requirement for social, business, or professional visits of certain periods

Canada, Denmark, Germany, France, Japan, South Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Sweden, The Republic of Maldives, Norway, New Zealand, Indonesia, Thailand, The Philippines - 14 days

Malaysia, Singapore, United Kingdom - 30 days

United States - 90 days

How do I apply for a Professional/ Business Visit Visa?

To apply this visa, the application is required to lodge the visa application personally to the visa section of the department.

What do I have to provide to get a Professional/ Business Visit Visa?

- Recognised passport must have a validity of 6 months before entering the country
- Introductory or sponsorship letters from associated companies, business representatives, government agencies or other authority
- Two passport-size photograph

How do I apply for a Short/ Social Visit Visa?

To apply this visa, the application is required to lodge the visa application personally to Brunei Embassy or High Commission where the applicant is resides . If there is no Brunei Embassy or High Commission establish in that country then the applicant can apply at any nearest country where Brunei mission has established. It is important to note that he/she must in a possession of a valid visa issued by Brunei authority or representative abroad unless exempted.

What do I have to provide to get a Short/ Social Visit Visa?

- Recognised passport must have a validity of 6 months before entering the country
- Return or Exit Ticket

What if I want to transit Brunei?

A transit pass is issued for all countries and are valid up to 72 hours only, provided they have assurance (ticket) of travelling to another destination.

Working in Brunei

Every foreigner who intends to work in Brunei Darussalam must have a valid Employment Visa authorised by the Department of Immigration and National Registration and is issued at the Brunei Embassy or High Commisioner.

Exemption from Employment Visa/Pass

Malaysian and Singaporean are exempted from employment visa

Validity of Employment Visa

Maximum length of the validity of visa is 3 months

Processing

7 working days

Fees of the Visa Application

Single Entry - B$15.00

Prerequisite Entry Requirement

The employer must have a quota license from the Labour Department
Approval letter from the work pass section of the Immigration and National Registration Department
The worker should have a valid passport/travel document recognised by the Brunei Director of Immigration and National Registration.
The passport must have a validity of 6 months before entering the country.

How do I apply for an Employment Visa/ Pass for a Company?

To apply this visa, the employer is required to lodge the visa application personally directly to the work pass section of the department

What do I have to provide to get a Employment Visa/ Pass for a Company?

The following are relevant document required to bring along in order to apply an Employment Visa/Pass for this category;

Required Document :
-Amount of Copies ()
-Malaysia/ Singapore Nationality
-Other Nationalities

Application Letter from the Employer to the Director of Immigration and National Registration (2)
Y Malaysia/ Singapore Nationality
Y Other Nationalities

Work Pass Application Form (Bur 23) (2)
Y Other Nationalities

Visa Form (1)
N Malaysia/ Singapore Nationality
Y Other Nationalities

Passport Photo (2)
Y Other Nationalities

Photocopy of Passport (1)
Y Other Nationalities

Photocopy of Identity Card (1)
N Other Nationalities

* Bur 500 Form (1)
Y Other Nationalities

* Labour License (1)
Y Other Nationalities

** Monthly Statement (1)
Y Other Nationalities

Project Offer Letter (1)
Y Other Nationalities

* Original copy should be produce at the counter
** Monthly statement is a requirement if the employee has not produce every 3 months

Note : Every new immigrant worker is required to undergo a blood test at least one week after the arrival date

How do I apply for an Employment Visa/Pass for a Domestic Worker?

To apply this visa, the employer is required to lodge the visa application personally to the work pass section of the department
What do I have to provide to get a Employment Visa/ Pass for a Domestic Worker?

The following are relevant document required to bring along to apply for an Employment Visa/Pass for this category;

Required Document
Amount of Copies ()
Malaysia/ Singapore Nationality
Other Nationalities

Application Letter from the Employer to the Director of Immigration and National Registration 2
Y
Y

Testify Letter from Employer 1
Y
Y

Application Form 23 (Bur 23) 1
Y
Y

Passport Photo 2
Y
Y

Photocopy of Passport 1
Y
Y

Visa Application Form 1
X
Y

* Labour License 1
Y
Y

* Original copy should be produced at the counter

Note : Every new immigrant worker is required to undergo a blood test at least one week after the arrival date
Brunei immigration

Living in Brunei

Postby kareelina » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:30 pm

Hi there
Al-salam Alaikom
I am new here, I am a woman with two kids ( 6 years & 3 years) I am looking forward to living and working in Brunei I really love this country because it is a Muslim country and the true Islam is there in Brunei, of course there are a lot of Muslim countries but there are no Islam. I couldn't find an answer to my question in the websites relating to Brunei, does that mean immigrants are not accepted in Brunei or I couldn't find the right website, please help, if immigrants are allowed to Brunei what are the procedures for applying and how much it costs me. Thanks in advance. :)
kareelina

Sponsored Links

Postby Vixey » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:29 pm

Hi Kareelina, in order for you to get accurate and up to date information, please contact the Brunei Immigration office at the address below:

Department of Immigration and National Registration Headquarters
Ministry of Home Affairs
Jalan Menteri Besar
Bandar Seri Begawan BB3910
Brunei Darussalam

Telephone : (673)2383106

You can also visit their website here: http://www.immigration.gov.bn/

All the best to you.

Vixey
Vixey

Postby kareelina » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:46 am

Hi Vixey
I really appreciate your help, I hope it works
Thank you very much :wink:
kareelina

Postby Vixey » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:43 am

kareelina wrote:Hi Vixey
I really appreciate your help, I hope it works
Thank you very much :wink:

Your welcome Kareelina. If you need further help, feel free to PM me and if I can help I will.

Cheers,
Vixey :D
Vixey

sponsoring non-bruneian husband into brunei?

Postby dinamarsidi » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:25 am

Assalamualaikum, Hi,

Im wondering what the procedures are to sponsor my canadian husband into brunei. How do we obtain a permanent resident status or a citizenship status for him?

For those who have tried to apply, what was your experience dealing with the immigration offices?

How easy is it to obtain PR status for a foreigner?

Thanks
dinamarsidi

Postby samar » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:12 pm

Al-salam Alaikom
I am also new here similar to sister karoleena i read her messageand use the wesite written to her but it did not help me . :(
I am a woman with two kids ( 23years & 20years) I am looking forward to living and working in Brunei I really love this country because it is a Muslim country . couldn't find an answer to my question in the websites relating to Brunei, please help, if immigrants are allowed to Brunei what are the procedures for applying and how much it costs me. Thanx in advance and i will appreciate your help :D :D
samar