Brunei Expat Forum - Brunei Expatriates by Allo' Expat Brunei

New to outside sales please help!

When it comes to business matters in Brunei, discuss in this forum. Advertise for jobs issues, share advises on how to do business in Brunei and network in this forum. Please note that posting new messages and replies is reserved to members.

Moderator: Vixey

New to outside sales please help!

• Bookmark and Share

Postby yieglerbrown » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:37 pm

Hello there fellow sales associates, I'm looking outside sales reps to point me in the right dirrection:
I have been in inside sales for the past 5 years now I'm changing into a different industry (tech.) working as an account executive (outside)
and what would be the best way to get appointments?
2. how do you look for porspects if the company does not provide you a list to call?
3. do you walk cold into an business?
4. what is your best practice to get in front of business owners?
thank you in advance for the help!!!
yieglerbrown

Re:

Postby jacobprince » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:24 pm

1. The best way to get appointments is to first know your target market inside and out. What types of companies purchase your products or services? What industries are they in? What are their SIC codes, sales volume, and all other pertinent information? What are the corporate titles of those individuals who have the authority to purchase your product or service and are most likely to buy from you now?
2. Once you've done your homework and determined your target market, you then need to secure a list from a reputable list broker that matches your target market. Be sure that this list contains contact names and numbers along with the titles you need. A list without names and numbers is worthless. Be aware that there are many bad list brokers out there, so make sure you are getting your monies worth.
3. I never walk into a business cold. It's rude and disrespectful, but more importantly it's a total waste of my time. It is much more efficient and effective to prospect by telephone.
4. A best practice to get in front of business owners is to prospect heavily and quickly go through your list to find those prospects that want what you have to offer and are willing and able to buy from you now if you can meet their conditions of satisfaction. The bottom line is that the most successful sales people make the most phone calls.
jacobprince

Sponsored Links