Bosnia & Herzegovina Expat Forum - Bosnia & Herzegovina Expatriates by Allo' Expat Bosnia & Herzegovina

Obtaining a Visa for my Bosnian mother-in-law to the US

Feel like talking about your immigration Experiences? Post your questions and advices related to immigration issues in Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Obtaining a Visa for my Bosnian mother-in-law to the US

• Bookmark and Share

Postby zulualpha » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:00 am

Greetings,

I'm a US citizen living in Sarajevo, BiH soon to be married to a Bosnian citizen. After we get married we plan on relocating to the US. Eventually we'd like to have her mother come to visit us. She is a 71 year old widow and we will always be her primary support. Ultimately it would be best if she could just permanently immigrate to the US and live with us....however as I understand it, this process could take a LONG time. I'm hearing 4-5 years at best.

I'd like to know if anyone has any experience and/or knowledge on the subject. I've been doing my research and have learned that it's possible for her to obtain a 10 year/multiple entry visa. This would be perfect....I'd just like to be sure we do everything we need to do to optimize our chances for her visa approval.

Any and all comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Z
zulualpha

Sponsored Links