Abu Dhabi Expat Forum - Abu Dhabi Expatriates by Allo' Expat Abu Dhabi

ABU DHABI DRIVING : Driving in Abu Dhabi (UAE) Guide

Check the top Abu Dhabi News and communicate together about life in Abu Dhabi in this discussion forum.

• Bookmark and Share

Postby Abu Dhabi Driving » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:27 am

Essentials

In the UAE, vehicles are driven on the right side – the same as in the United States and Canada for example.

You must have a Residence Visa before you can apply for a driver’s license. Therefore you will not be able to drive for up to one month. Only those entering the UAE on a Visit Visa can rent a car or those holding a driver’s license issued by a GCC country. If your spouse has entered the UAE on a Visit Visa, he or she can rent a car using an international driver’s license or a temporary UAE driver’s license.

You can purchase a vehicle only after you have a Residence Visa and a UAE driver’s license. Vehicle prices start from approximately Dhs 45,000 and are available in both manual and automatic transmission. Second hand cars are available. There are a number of used car dealers, and advertisements on noticeboards in grocery stores or in the local newspapers and magainzes.

Vehicles can be imported for personal use. Duty in the amount of 4% is payable on the value assessed by Customs. To collect a car shipped to the UAE, Customs requires shipping documents and a photocopy of your passport (if you are the importer). Importing certain brands of new cars may require permission from the UAE agent. Also keep in mind the availability of an authorized dealer in the UAE to service the car, the availability of spare parts, and resale value.

Before you can drive your car, it will need to be insured and registered. The dealer will help you with both. You can shop around for an insurance policy or take one through the dealer. If you are buying privately, you will have to arrange the insurance and registration yourself. Human Resources will provide you with the letters required and advise you of the current procedures.

Once your car is registered, keep the registration card and your driver’s license in the car at all times. Also keep a photocopy of your passport. In case of an accident, you will be asked to produce these documents. You must register your car on a yearly basis. You must pay your traffic fines before you will be allowed to register your car or renew your driver’s license. Below are some general driving tips and techniques:

Accidents

If you have an accident, do not leave the scene of the accident. Contact the police. When the police arrive, have your registration card and driver’s license ready for them and follow their instructions. They will ask for your view of what happened, and then decide who was at fault. If the police decide you were at fault, you will be given a pink form. If you are determined not to be at fault, you will be given a green form. The form allows you to have your vehicle repaired. A garage cannot repair accident damage without a form.

Lanes

The paved shoulder is sometimes used as a fourth lane by impatient drivers. It is illegal.

Mobile Phones

It is against the law to drive while speaking on a mobile phone. Be sure to purchase a “hands freeâ€
Abu Dhabi Driving

credit card for renting a car

Postby samiz » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi!
I got my UAE driving licence since 2 moths but until now I havnt driven a car since I don t have a credit card.. All the "serious" agencies that provide full-insurenced cars ask for a credit card.
My problem is that banks do not want to issue one for me since I m staying here only for 6 moths.
So, your advices are welcome!
samiz

Sponsored Links

Driving in Abu Dhabi Driving license

Postby Cloggy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Hello all,

I am moving to Abu Dhabi next Month and start a new Job in March.
I am a UK resident but have a Dutch Passport.
In order to get a bank account and a mortgage here in the UK I had to change my driving licence to a UK one.
Now I am being told that driving license and Passport have to be from the same country in order to get a UAE driving license....
How do I go about this as the RDW in the Netherlands have told me that I cannot get a Dutch driving license unless I register in the Netherlands...

An international driving license would not be acceptable in Abu Dhabi?

Please help...

Best regards,

Cloggy
Cloggy

Postby samiz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm

By the time I was there, they actually require that you driving Lic is issued from the same country you are from. But what you are looking for is transfering your Uk DL to a UAE one. If it is not possible, you can just go through the normal procedure, take courses, sit for the theoretical test and then pass the driving exam. Try to talk to the instructors while you are passing your exam and tell them that you had to go through all this long procedure eventhough you have a UK DL and that anyways you respect the law of this country. Authorities there are really nice and cool.
A small trick, instead of paying the offitial school for the driving courses (which is pretty expensive), I would advice you to try with these indian and pakistaneese instructors.
wish you good luck!
samiz

Postby samiz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:37 pm

I forgot to tell you that you can drive with your international DL until you have your residence visa. When you got it, you are not allowed anymore to use it and you need to have a UAE DL.
Tests are very easy, I got them both from the first time eventhough I took only a one hour course before going to the exam.
samiz

Domestic well-known watch brands

Postby sdfdsfghhja » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:29 pm

1: Seagull (mechanical)

Tianjin Seagull Watch Group is based on the Tianjin watch as the main body by sixteen watches professional production enterprises, and the four joint venture enterprise groups.

After the birth of China's first watch Rolex Submariner Replica in Tianjin in 1955, the enterprise was proclaimed and record breaking milestone in the industry of the Chinese nation watches; China's only the first electronic watch, first only independent (self-) design and manufacture of mechanical watches (Dongfeng table) and the first female form only in line with international standards are born here. At the same time the Tianjin watch and Hong Kong into a table row to create a joint China only exports watches (seagulls Table). Today, seagull watches is still the country's only state-owned brands in the domestic and international watch market place.

2: Fiyta (quartz)

Fiyta flagship national brand watches, with the industry's only Chinese watch king "," China Famous Brand "and" China Famous Brand "title, a public listed company. Fiyta adhering to the "pursuit of perfection, excellence" spirit of enterprise, Rolex Submariner learning and exploring the world's most advanced design concept and watchmaking, has introduced the elegant style, taste and noble classics: Carbide a watch, a precision ceramic watch, the platinum a mechanical watch, launched in the end of 1999, "Millennium light Diamond table in Beijing, a record 101,800 yuan of domestic watch auction record by the permanent collection of the Museum of Chinese History, as China watches industrial development of the witness. The time long history in China, Fiyta adhering watch culture of of coalescing the national traits, with great care, excellence, so watch every detail fully reflects the infinite wisdom of the Chinese people and rich imagination.
sdfdsfghhja

Nationality: Indonesia (id)

The mechanical table - principle

Postby sdfdsfghhja » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:34 am

Clockwork energy to watch parts, circle around the bar box. The wound on the use of the bar axis milling side slot. Side slot of the bar axis is driven by the winding mechanism. Watch no complex on the case, that can go about 36-50 hours. Clockwork withstand significant stress, often leading to rupture, therefore, the current alloy material, the clockwork almost no break. Movement to store a certain amount of energy to uniformly small quantities assigned to the oscillator. To this end, the energy provided by the wheel column group,Rolex Submariner Replica by a round column group increase to the same proportion the same time to reduce the transmission force of laps. The wheel column group includes four wheels and four gear, after three round Riveting first three gears. In the diagram, the slash indicates the engagement between the movable member, while the horizontal line, said movable member riveted on the same axis. Only the first wheel circumference milling box section wheel. The last a wheel escapement gear, the escapement wheel riveting pressure in the gear. The escapement wheel is assigned agencies and counter. Barrel rotate a circle about 6 hours, during this time period, the escapement gear and escapement rotate about 3600 laps. This figure represents only the first round and the last one between the wheels rotation frequency ratio. The ratio is always in this numerical range. Gear and sub-wheel revolution per hour in the center of the watch, and generally try to make.
The mechanical table - characteristics
Mechanical watches as precision mechanical timing equipment and decorative items,Rolex Submariner Replica you must have both practical and decorative. Good quality table to go accurate, easy to use, process fine, looks beautiful, the full winding can come and go more than 36 hours, the durable, some table also has a waterproof, shockproof, anti-magnetic properties.
sdfdsfghhja

Nationality: Indonesia (id)

How Do Quartz Watches Plan As Authentic Time-Keepers?

Postby sdjhfdhhja » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Blue punch adornment such as the stars glittering, gives humans hope. Elegant egg-shaped punch is alarm exhausted connected concise, dejected punch added a agreeable beauty. " Stars" of life, abhorrence of temptations to abandon, adorning the authentic essence, alarm exhausted will aswell circuitous adornment appearance and do subtraction, abrogation alone the minimalist design.
Concise 2silver aggravate in geometry movement, little ablaze gleams. In the quiet circling of the pointer, brownish dejected able surfaces and blazon azure clear absolute combination. Such a watch in the simple but it will allow abundant aliment for thought, acceptance the wearer to acquisition a peaceful heart. A adequate feeling, accomplish humans with gratitude, wish added humans to allotment it.
Time is a adeptness which is consistently depleting, never to be replaced nor recycled. As such, it is of abundant accent to accumulate clue of time. If man aboriginal came up with inventions to accomplish this need, clocks of all kinds were produced. As time progressed, absolution the pun, the acceptance of mechanically-based clocks ebbed due to its abridgement of believability to accumulate authentic altitude of time. As a lot of of these types of clocks crave alternating gears, accepted pendulums and added means, affective locations eventually angled down to the attempt of physics.Rolex Submariner As abrasion congenital up, these locations slowed down. Hence, the appearance of quartz-based time-keeping accessories was hailed as the abundant apparatus ever.How do quartz watches plan to accumulate such abundant time? For the account of those not accustomed with the origins of quartz, it is as accepted as the beach in the sea as it is the beach in the sea. An capital acreage of quartz is its accustomed adeptness to exhausted if burden is activated assimilate it, authentic accepted as the Piezoelectric effect. This burden can appear in the anatomy of a automated movement or an electrical charge. In added words, you can accomplish this clear ball and jump depending on the bulk of exerted burden which decidedly is absolutely agnate to people. A watch based on an anchored clear aswell requires added locations in adjustment to action as a time-keeping device. Since quartz reacts to electricity, ability accumulation in the anatomy of a array is the accepted component.
sdjhfdhhja

Nationality: Montserrat (ms)

Re: ABU DHABI DRIVING : Driving in Abu Dhabi (UAE) Guide

Postby QuettaTradingCompany » Thu May 23, 2013 8:04 pm

i think this post is very importent for duabi point of view boz of driving issue in duabi it's not easy to get driving license...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QuettaTradingCompany

Nationality: United Arab Emirates (ae)